Saturday, January 23, 2016

Printing with Kindergarteners!
AHHHH! (actually, it's not as hard as you think)




For our first foray into printing, Kindergarteners made self-portrait monoprints. Printing can definitely be intimidating, especially with 25 5-year-olds at a time. However, I've found that the trick is working with small groups.  After drawing their portraits onto scratch foam with a dull pencil I have the kiddos work in small groups with me to print while the rest of the class creates at art centers (my art centers consist of legos, playdough, blocks, free-draw, and comics). Kids are highly independent in these centers, freeing me up to print. Working in small groups helps me control the amount of ink kids use. Kinders can use the brayer, but they need some help to register the plate onto the paper.  How cute are these?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment